I have been wanting to join the Farmer's Wife quilt-a-long that has taking the sewing blogging world by storm since week one. I finally got around to it last Friday...it was a semi-success. I decided to build them in the order they are listed in the back of the book. My square came out to be ~6.25 inches square, and then I cut it down to 6 inches square (because the book said they were 6 inch finished squares). After I finished the 2nd block, I realized that I couldn't cut it down and I shouldn't have cut down the first one...oops. So I have one that is way too small, and another that is slightly too small. Hopefully it will get better as I go!
Have to redo this one...
I really like the fussy cutting on this one, so even though it is slightly smaller than it should be, I'm keeping it.
I've also been working on my chain linked quilt. It only took 4 hours to learn how to use the long arm machine and quilt my quilt. I'm still working on the binding, slowly but surely!!!
Dakota is helping as usual :)
I'm also getting ready to start working on 2 baby quilts, right now they are both a pile of fabric full of potential:
Time to iron all that fabric and start cutting!!! I love having a project.