Friday, May 6, 2011

Binding...

Today I have been working on binding a quilt.  I love hand stitching the binding on the back.  I guess I like it because it's (usually) the only part of the quilt that I sew by hand and it feels more personal somehow.  And I love making so that the stitches are invisible.  And nicely mitered corners make me smile every time. Just look:

Machine sewn on the front...

...and hand stitched on the back :)

This is a quilt I am making for some very good friends of mine who are getting married at the end of the month.  Size wise, it's somewhere between queen and a king.  It should be done in a few days and I am so excited to give it to them.  Not that I think that they will be checking out my blog, but I won't be posting pictures until after I give it to them.  Back to binding, tata for now!

1 comment: